- Born in Denver, Colorado in 1967.
- Married to Marie Louise Gorsuch; father of two teenage daughters.
- Avid outdoorsman who loves to fish and ski.
- During summer vacations in high school and college, he worked as a furniture mover and as a front- desk clerk at a Howard Johnson hotel.
- Serves on United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2006-present.
- Earned “unanimously well qualified” rating from American Bar Association, 2006.
- Confirmed without opposition to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals by a voice vote of the United States Senate in 2006.
- Clerk for Judge David Sentelle of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 1991-92.
- Clerk for United States Supreme Court Justice Byron White and Justice Anthony Kennedy, 1993-94.
- Attorney at Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel in Washington, DC, 1995-2005; partner.
- Deputy Associate Attorney General, United States Department of Justice, 2005-06.
- Received the prestigious Edward J. Randolph Award for outstanding service to the Department of Justice, and the Harry S. Truman Foundation’s Stevens Award for outstanding public service in the field of law.
- B.A., Columbia University, 1988; Phi Beta Kappa.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1991; Harry S. Truman scholar; cum laude.
- DPhil in Legal Philosophy, University of Oxford, 2004; Marshall scholar.